Monday, July 20, 2015

Red Queen Spoiler Free Review

Serena here—this month I read "Red Queen" by Victoria Aveyard. If you haven't read the book yet, this post is spoiler-free. If you have read the book, we can discuss it. Head over to my blog (Sparkle, Style, & DIY) to check out the book club post, click here. If you're new here, I usually write a summary of the book followed by the review. So...let's get right into it.

image via epicreads.com

Mare Barrow is a 17-year-old girl with red blood who lives in a world where people are separated by their blood color. The Reds are regular humans, who live in poverty and when they turn 18-years-old, many are sent to fight and die in a never-ending war. 
Then, there are the Silvers, who are humans with supernatural abilities such as controlling fire, peoples minds, air, etc.  They are leaders of the nation, living in a wealthy, high-tech Capitol. This is a story filled with plot twists, rebellion, and betrayal. 

"I am finally learning my lesson. Anyone can betray anyone." - Mare 

I did my best to write a summary that won't spoil the book for you, which was really hard. Now you can read the book without knowing what's going to happen and hopefully enjoy it as much as I did!
I give Red Queen 5 out of 5 stars. It is truly an amazing book. It's well written and suspenseful. This is the first book Victoria Aveyard has written and I hope all her books are as good as this one. 
It does share similarities with other young adult books like Hunger Games and Divergent—it reminded me of those books as I read it, but honestly I didn't mind because it is still unique. 
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves Hunger Games, Divergent, dystopian novels, suspense, action or romance. Would I read it again? Definitely! I can't wait for the next book to be released. 
If you've already read it, please comment below and rate it on a scale of 1 - 5 (no spoilers, thank you). 

"You don't see us, and so we are everywhere. And we will rise up, red as the dawn." - Red Queen 

Also, congratulations to Daria on winning last months Paper Towns giveaway! Hope you enjoy the book! 
Will you read Red Queen? Comment below. Next months book is Snow like Ashes by Sara Raasch. Be sure to follow Books at Tea Time on Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Good Reads
- Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment